- 11 CRPF Personnel Die In Encounter With Maoists In Chhattisgarh's Sukma
- Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Army canteens suspend sale
- Underworld don Chhota Rajan held guilty in fake passport case
- J&K: PDP leader Abdul Gani Dar shot dead in Pulwama
- SC orders reinstatement of TP Senkumar as Kerala DGP
- PM Modi Bats For Advancing Fiscal Year To Speed Up Development
- US accuses Infosys and TCS of cheating in H-1B lottery to unfairly corner lion's share of visas
- Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami raises NEET, Cauvery issues at NITI Aayog meeting
- Tamil Nadu FM offers to quit as AIADMK groups begin merger talks
AXN brings Sherlock season 3 ahead of US launch
MUMBAI: AXN India, the English general entertainment channel from Sony Pictures Entertainment, will launch the third season of popular BBC crime drama ‘Sherlock’, ahead of its US launch and close to its premiere in the UK.
The three-episodic season will debut on 3 January and air on Fridays at 10 pm.
AXN India programming head Arpit Mankar said, “Our strategy has been to offer our viewers the best of international shows as close as possible to its global premiere, as these are premium, evolved audiences who do not like being left behind.”
Premiering shows in India closer to the international launch (US or UK) has become a new fashion for the English channels. Star India has launched a dedicated channel, ‘Star World Premiere HD’ which airs the shows on the same day of US launch. Similarly, Movies Now will be airing ‘Crisis’ on the next day of its premiere in the US.
‘Sherlock’ is one of AXN’s most priced series. “We want to start the New Year with a bang with Sherlock. Indian viewers are awaiting the new season the way they would await a mega event, primarily due to the mystery surrounding Sherlock’s fall to death in the previous season,” Mankar said.
The third season will see a reunion, a marriage and a villain. The second season had ended with ‘Sherlock’ jumping off the building, faking his death.