- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
AXN brings Sherlock season 3 ahead of US launch
MUMBAI: AXN India, the English general entertainment channel from Sony Pictures Entertainment, will launch the third season of popular BBC crime drama ‘Sherlock’, ahead of its US launch and close to its premiere in the UK.
The three-episodic season will debut on 3 January and air on Fridays at 10 pm.
AXN India programming head Arpit Mankar said, “Our strategy has been to offer our viewers the best of international shows as close as possible to its global premiere, as these are premium, evolved audiences who do not like being left behind.”
Premiering shows in India closer to the international launch (US or UK) has become a new fashion for the English channels. Star India has launched a dedicated channel, ‘Star World Premiere HD’ which airs the shows on the same day of US launch. Similarly, Movies Now will be airing ‘Crisis’ on the next day of its premiere in the US.
‘Sherlock’ is one of AXN’s most priced series. “We want to start the New Year with a bang with Sherlock. Indian viewers are awaiting the new season the way they would await a mega event, primarily due to the mystery surrounding Sherlock’s fall to death in the previous season,” Mankar said.
The third season will see a reunion, a marriage and a villain. The second season had ended with ‘Sherlock’ jumping off the building, faking his death.