- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Asianet to kick off ‘Star Singer’ season 7 on 31 March
MUMBAI: Malayalam channel Asianet is launching the seventh season of its music reality show ‘Star Singer’ on 31 March.
Although telecom company Idea Cellular has been associated with the show as the title sponsor for six years in a row, the seventh season of the reality show has Sunfeast as the title sponsor.
One of the most popular shows of its type in South India, ‘Star Singer’ hunts to find the most talented singer in the state.
The seventh edition of the show will witness 17 contestants vying for the title of ‘Star Singer’ from across Kerala. The audition was conducted in all the major cities in Kerala and abroad.
The one-hour show will air at 8 pm every Monday to Thursday.
The new season was inaugurated by superstar Suresh Gopi in the presence of jury members M.G Sreekumar, Anuradha Sreeram and Rimi Tomy along with the head honchos of Asianet.
Apart from the jury members, prominent personalities from the film industry will be roped in for the show as celebrity guests.