- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Asianet HD to host World TV premiere of ‘Kabali’
MUMBAI: Celebrating Diwali, Star’s Malayalam GEC Asianet HD will host a world television premiere of Rajnikanth’s comeback film ‘Kabali’ on 30 October at 6 pm.
The 2016 gangster-drama film, written and directed by Pa. Ranjith and produced by Kalaipuli S, had the largest opening weekend for any Indian film worldwide. It became the second highest grossing Tamil film ever. The film was released in Malayalam a week later.
Marking Rajnikant’s come back, the film revolves around the gang war between Kabaleeswaran (played by Rajinikanth) and Tony Lee (portrayed by Winston Chao). It also features Radhika Apte, Dhansika, Dinesh Ravi, Kalaiyarasan, and John Vijay in pivotal roles.