- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Asianet goes filmy for Vishu celebrations
MUMBAI: Malayalam general entertainment channel Asianet has lined up a dose of special programming on 15 April to ring in the festival of Vishu with the entire family tuning in.
With movies being a huge entertainer in the South market, the channel has a mix of popular movies scheduled on its general entertainment channel along with engaging shows. Apart from that, there is also a special line-up for its movie channel Asianet Movies.
The occasion will commence with a special programme on the future of films to be released later in the year called ‘Vishu Phalangal’ at 7:30 am. This will be followed with an interview of the South Indian actress Amala Paul in the show ‘Vishu Smrithiyil Amala Paul’ airing at 8 am.
A special programme, ‘Star Singer with Ring Master’, has been designed for the 8:30 am band, which will feature popular actor Dilip along with the contestants of the music reality show ‘Star Singer’.
Post the special programmes, viewers will be treated to popular movies like the comedy film ‘Kadal Kadannoru Mathukutty’ at 10 am, followed by a children’s film ‘Philips and the Monkey Pen’ at 1 pm.
The social film ‘Pullippulikalum Aattinkuttiyum’ will be aired at 4 pm, with yet another comedy ‘Sringaravelan’ airing at 7:30 pm.
The network’s movie channel Asianet Movies will also feature a line-up of special movies on the occasion which include ‘Nandanam’, comedy film ‘Happy Husbands’, drama film ‘Rasathanthram’, action movie ‘Simhasanam’, romantic comedy ‘Honey Bee’, comedy drama ‘Sanmanassullavarkku Samadhanam’ and ‘Rama Ravanan’.