- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Ashish Golwalkar joins Sony Entertainment Television as senior creative director
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks (earlier known as Multi Screen Media) has tapped Star Plus programming executive Ashish Golwalkar to beef up its flagship Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Sony Entertainment Television.
In his new role starting today, Golwalkar will head all format shows, including scripted and non-scripted. He will also be in charge of developing new shows for the channel.
Golwalkar, who quit Star India as SVP –programming of Star Plus in November, will report to his former colleague and Sony Entertainment Television business head Danish Khan.
Both Golwalkar and Khan were together at Star Plus for close to three years.
Sources in SPN have confirmed the development to TelevisionPost.com.
Prior to Star India, Golwalkar was Zee TV non-fiction head.