- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Ashish Golwalkar joins Sony Entertainment Television as senior creative director
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks (earlier known as Multi Screen Media) has tapped Star Plus programming executive Ashish Golwalkar to beef up its flagship Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Sony Entertainment Television.
In his new role starting today, Golwalkar will head all format shows, including scripted and non-scripted. He will also be in charge of developing new shows for the channel.
Golwalkar, who quit Star India as SVP –programming of Star Plus in November, will report to his former colleague and Sony Entertainment Television business head Danish Khan.
Both Golwalkar and Khan were together at Star Plus for close to three years.
Sources in SPN have confirmed the development to TelevisionPost.com.
Prior to Star India, Golwalkar was Zee TV non-fiction head.