- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Ashish Golwalkar joins Sony Entertainment Television as senior creative director
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks (earlier known as Multi Screen Media) has tapped Star Plus programming executive Ashish Golwalkar to beef up its flagship Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Sony Entertainment Television.
In his new role starting today, Golwalkar will head all format shows, including scripted and non-scripted. He will also be in charge of developing new shows for the channel.
Golwalkar, who quit Star India as SVP –programming of Star Plus in November, will report to his former colleague and Sony Entertainment Television business head Danish Khan.
Both Golwalkar and Khan were together at Star Plus for close to three years.
Sources in SPN have confirmed the development to TelevisionPost.com.
Prior to Star India, Golwalkar was Zee TV non-fiction head.