- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Arun Thapar is A+E Networks exec VP, head of content
MUMBAI: A+E Networks|TV18 has formally announced the appointment of Arun Thapar as executive VP and head of content.
Thapar reports to A+E Networks | TV18 MD and Network18 president strategy, product and alliances Avinash Kaul.
Thapar is responsible for driving the content strategy, creative and all programming-related objectives for the network—its flagship channel History TV18 and the recently launched FYI TV18.
Kaul said, “Arun brings with him a rich experience in the factual and lifestyle entertainment space, which makes him well suited to strategise content for our channels. He has thorough understanding of the culture and ground realities of content consumption in India as well as the Asia Pacific region, which I believe will go a long way in rendering a great experience to our audiences. We are in a period of transformation of broadcast content, and I believe this to be the right time to re-invent and strengthen the offerings to the ever-evolving audiences. With the launch of FYI TV18, we now have various niches to explore and together with History TV18, we aim to offer our audiences an unflinching television and digital experience.”
Thapar is an industry veteran with over 20 years of experience in production and programming across organisations like Discovery and NDTV. He has a track record of formulating programme strategy to ensure disciplined execution, said the company.