- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV to have 8 founding sponsors including Star India
MUMBAI: Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV has roped in eight founding sponsors ahead of its official launch. These founding partners include Vivo, Jio Digital Life, Renault, Hike Messenger, Ola, Star India, Yes Bank and Microsoft.
Republic TV had got its TV channel licence from the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) on 1 March.
According to a source, the test signals of the channel are already on. The soft launch of the channel is expected on 1 May, while the channel is likely to launch on 6 May.
The free-to-air (FTA) channel is available on Intelsat 20 at 68.5 East on frequency 3790 H 7200.
The channel has already launched its campaign, which is a mix of social media and outdoor campaign. It has roped in Laqshya Media as OOH agency of record for three years. It has rolled out eight video ads on social media.
Goswami has teamed up with Rajya Sabha MP and NDA vice chairman Rajeev Chandrasekhar for Republic TV. The two, along with Goswami’s wife Samyabrata Ray Goswami, have floated two companies named ARG Outlier Media and SARG Media Holding for the venture.
Besides Chandrasekhar, other investors in the venture include DEN Networks promoter Sameer Manchanda, Aarin Capital Partners’ Ranjan Ramdas Pai, veteran investment banker Hemendra Kothari, Asian Heart Institute’s Ramakanta Panda, TVS Tyres’ R Naresh and Shobhana Ramachandhran, and Renaissance Jewellery owner Niranjan Shah.