- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Animal Planet launches ‘David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities’
MUMBAI: Wildlife infotainment channel Animal Planet is launching a new series ‘David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities’ to uncover the mysteries of nature and reveal the animals that have intrigued Sir David Attenborough the most.
Premiering on 10 May, the show will air at 9 pm on weekends. Each episode will feature two different animals linked together by a curiously distinctive evolutionary quirk.
In each episode, Attenborough will look at two examples of animal patterns that have baffled science for a long time, and modern tools will be used to unlock their secrets. Some of these include the bold patterns or dazzling colours of zebras and butterflies.
He will further explore traits of animals like the emperor penguin and the wood frog, both of which survive in extreme conditions, and the rhino and the hedgehog that hide behind seemingly impenetrable armoured coats.
The episodes are filmed at locations throughout the UK with particular significance to Attenborough, where viewers will be given the chance to get to know him up close and learn about his intrepid life of adventure.