- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Anil Ambani’s business news channel to be renamed next month
MUMBAI: After the seven-year licensing agreement ended with Bloomberg LP, Anil Ambani-controlled business news channel Bloomberg TV will be renamed as Business Television India (BTVIn).
The channel will be renamed early next month, Mint reported.
Meanwhile, Business Broadcast News, the company which owns and operates the business news channel, has signed an agreement for data feed with Thomson Reuters Corp.
“We will phase out the Bloomberg brand name by early August. All Bloomberg terminals will get replaced by Reuters terminals. The programming for the channel will be tweaked to be more glocal (global+local),” Mint quoted an official as having said.
Monica Tata, a former managing director at HBO India, is leading the restructuring the business on a project basis.
While announcing the split in January this year, Business Broadcast News had said that it would continue to operate the TV channel with fresh branding. Bloomberg had said that it would announce a new media partner in due course.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.