- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Anil Ambani’s business news channel to be renamed next month
MUMBAI: After the seven-year licensing agreement ended with Bloomberg LP, Anil Ambani-controlled business news channel Bloomberg TV will be renamed as Business Television India (BTVIn).
The channel will be renamed early next month, Mint reported.
Meanwhile, Business Broadcast News, the company which owns and operates the business news channel, has signed an agreement for data feed with Thomson Reuters Corp.
“We will phase out the Bloomberg brand name by early August. All Bloomberg terminals will get replaced by Reuters terminals. The programming for the channel will be tweaked to be more glocal (global+local),” Mint quoted an official as having said.
Monica Tata, a former managing director at HBO India, is leading the restructuring the business on a project basis.
While announcing the split in January this year, Business Broadcast News had said that it would continue to operate the TV channel with fresh branding. Bloomberg had said that it would announce a new media partner in due course.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.