- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Amrita TV’s family chat show ‘Malayali Durbar’ set for launch
MUMBAI: Malayalam general entertainment channel Amrita TV will launch a family chat show, ‘Malayali Durbar’, from 19 July.
Hosted by Mollywood actor Maniyan Pillai Raju, the show will air every Saturday from 8-9 pm.
Joining him on the show will be celebrity couples along with real life parents, spouses, children and siblings who will be venting their frank views on a wide range of subjects that plague Kerala society in particular and Indian families in general.
The format of the show envisages formation of opinion groups. The male celebrity may team up with the husbands while the female celebrity joins hands with the wives. A celebrity mother may join forces with the mothers in the show whereas the daughter of the celebrity will become a votary for the youth in the show. The host will use his dexterity and experience in navigating the issue at hand to arrive at a judicious conclusion.
The treatment of the show has an underlying element of humour and bonhomie so that it doesn’t degenerate into a slanging match between groups of people, preventing meaningful and frank deliberations. Despite being a chat show, every episode will feature nearly 50-odd participants.