- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Alibaba floats a $300 mn fund for film & TV
MUMBAI: Chinese company Alibaba has established a $300 million fund for film and television.
The fund will focus on investment opportunities of companies in the movie and television entertainment industry chain under the four key pillars of production development, celebrity resources, marketing and distribution, and advanced technology.
“In recent years, the Chinese entertainment industry, which has mainly been driven by movies, has undergone rapid development. Bountiful investment opportunities and immense room for integration have emerged both upstream and downstream of the industry value chain,” said Alibaba Pictures CEO Zhang Qiang.
One of Alibaba’s recent movies was ‘Star Trek Beyond’.