- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Alibaba floats a $300 mn fund for film & TV
MUMBAI: Chinese company Alibaba has established a $300 million fund for film and television.
The fund will focus on investment opportunities of companies in the movie and television entertainment industry chain under the four key pillars of production development, celebrity resources, marketing and distribution, and advanced technology.
“In recent years, the Chinese entertainment industry, which has mainly been driven by movies, has undergone rapid development. Bountiful investment opportunities and immense room for integration have emerged both upstream and downstream of the industry value chain,” said Alibaba Pictures CEO Zhang Qiang.
One of Alibaba’s recent movies was ‘Star Trek Beyond’.