- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Al Jazeera English now available on Reliance Digital TV
MUMBAI: Following its pact with Dish TV and Tata Sky, Al Jazeera English has signed a distribution deal with Reliance Digital TV. Consequently, the English news channel will now be available on RDTV’s channel No. 460.
With this association, Reliance Digital TV viewers will be able to access Al Jazeera’s news and programme content from around the world. Globally, Al Jazeera English is available in over 260 million households across 130 countries.
Al Jazeera Media Network executive director, marketing and distribution Abdulla Al Najjar said, “We are delighted to be associated with RDTV and are looking forward to catering to their subscriber base across India. We are committed to providing the highest quality coverage of India, from the region and from our bureaus in all corners of the globe.”
Reliance DTH business head Ashutosh Srivastava added, “It has been our constant endeavour to offer a wide range of content to our consumers that enhances their television viewing experience on Reliance Digital TV. Al Jazeera is a valuable addition to our platform that will provide a significant blend of both national and international news to our viewers.”
Al Jazeera English was launched in November 2011 in India.