- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Akash Chawla quits ZEEL
MUMBAI: Akash Chawla, a senior executive at Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL), has quit the company.
Chawla was made business head of Zee TV last year. This was in addition to his old role as executive VP and business head – Films, Zee Studios.
Chawla’s last day at ZEEL was 17 February, a source said. He had spent close to 12 years in the organisation and had worked in various capacities.
In his role, Chawla was responsible for overall profitability of the content business including setting up film projects across languages, monetisation of films across all rights, negotiations and sales on all purchases and sales of film content, and setting up teams across all functions of the organisation.
Chawla joined as brand head for ZEE TV in 2005. In March 2009, he was heading marketing for Zee Cinema. Subsequently, he was made marketing head for ZEEL’s national channels. After the exit of Pradeep Hejmadi, he was given additional charge of Zee TV as business head in 2016.