- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Akash Chawla gets addl charge as Zee TV biz head with Rajadhyaksha as deputy
MUMBAI: Akash Chawla will replace Pradeep Hejmadi as the new business head of Zee TV, the flagship Hindi general entertainment channel of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL).
Chawla, an old hand at Zee, will continue with his old role as business head of Essel Vision Productions/Zee Studios for content creation on films, television and digital.
Zee is, thus, synergising its production arm with its main Hindi television channel. The enlarged role of Chawla is a step in this direction.
Broadcasting is not new to Chawla. In his earlier stint, he spearheaded the marketing function for ZEEL’s flagship and national channels like Zee TV, Zee Cinema and Zee Classic. He also played a pivotal role in the launch of channels like &Pictures, Zee Anmol and Zindagi.
Assisting Chawla will be Deepak Rajadhyaksha, who is the business head of Zee Marathi. For Rajadhyaksha, the position of deputy business head of Zee TV means a movement to another language channel. But he has played a big role in establishing Zee Marathi as a strong No. 1 Marathi GEC.
The entire programming, on-air promotion (OAP) and operations team will align and report to Rajadhyaksha. He will report to Chawla and the duo will work closely with ZEEL MD and CEO Punit Goenka.
Meanwhile, Hejmadi has quit ZEEL after spending almost two years at the organisation. He had a long stint at TAM Media Research. He also worked with Nickelodeon and Turner International India.