- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Ajit Thakur quits Star India
MUMBAI: Life OK and Channel V EVP and GM Ajit Thakur has decided to move on from the organisation after a stint of three years.
According to a source, Thakur is tipped to join the Indian motion picture and distribution company Eros in 2015.
Thakur has put in his papers and is currently serving his notice period.
Joining Star India as EVP in 2011, Thakur played an active role in the launch of Life OK after Star India decided to pull the plug on Star One.
Thakur was instrumental in driving the growth of Life OK. Earlier this year, he was given the additional responsibility of Channel V after its head Prem Kamath moved to A+E Networks Asia.
Prior to that, Thakur was heading Sony Entertainment Television (SET). He also worked with Balaji Telefilms, UTV Television and Coca-Cola.