- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Ajit Thakur gets additional responsibility of Channel [V]
MUMBAI: Consequent upon his success in taking Life OK to No. 3 position among Hindi GECs, Life OK business head Ajit Thakur has been assigned charge of Star India’s youth entertainment channel Channel [V].
Confirming the development to TelevisionPost.com, Star India sources said that Thakur will now head both channels in his new dual role.
As reported first by TelevisionPost.com, Channel [V] has been without a boss since Prem Kamath put in papers in June. Kamath, who moved to Singapore to join A+E Networks Asia, was heading Channel [V] and Marathi GEC Star Pravah.
The Star India sources added that the decision on who will head Star Pravah has not been taken yet.
Joining Star India as EVP back in 2011, Thakur played an active role in the launch of Life OK after Star India decided to pull the plug on Star One. Prior to that, he was heading Sony Entertainment Television (SET), which he took from 80 GRPs (gross rating points) at the time of his joining to 180 GRPs.
Ironically, SET’s rise had eventually resulted in Star India’s decision to rethink its second GEC strategy.
Thakur also worked with Balaji Telefilms, UTV Television and Coca-Cola.