- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Ajit Thakur gets additional responsibility of Channel [V]
MUMBAI: Consequent upon his success in taking Life OK to No. 3 position among Hindi GECs, Life OK business head Ajit Thakur has been assigned charge of Star India’s youth entertainment channel Channel [V].
Confirming the development to TelevisionPost.com, Star India sources said that Thakur will now head both channels in his new dual role.
As reported first by TelevisionPost.com, Channel [V] has been without a boss since Prem Kamath put in papers in June. Kamath, who moved to Singapore to join A+E Networks Asia, was heading Channel [V] and Marathi GEC Star Pravah.
The Star India sources added that the decision on who will head Star Pravah has not been taken yet.
Joining Star India as EVP back in 2011, Thakur played an active role in the launch of Life OK after Star India decided to pull the plug on Star One. Prior to that, he was heading Sony Entertainment Television (SET), which he took from 80 GRPs (gross rating points) at the time of his joining to 180 GRPs.
Ironically, SET’s rise had eventually resulted in Star India’s decision to rethink its second GEC strategy.
Thakur also worked with Balaji Telefilms, UTV Television and Coca-Cola.