- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Ajay Devgn lends voice for premiere of Telugu blockbuster ‘Dhruva’ in Hindi on Star Gold
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel Star Gold has roped in Ajay Devgn to dub for the Hindi movie premiere of ‘Dhruva’, a Telugu crime thriller film directed by Surender Reddy and produced by Allu Aravind under his banner Geetha Arts.
Devgn will lend his voice to the lead character played by Ram Charan. Arbaaz Khan will also lend his voice for the character of Siddharth Abhimanyu played by Arvind Swamy.
‘Dhruva’ took the box office by storm and became one of the top 3 Tollywood box office hits of 2016. With Ajay Devgn on board, the channel is confident to replicate the success with the film’s television premiere on 23 July at 8 pm.
“Star Gold has been the official home to my films and, when the team came in with the opportunity of doing this first of its kind initiative for a television premiere, I instantly agreed. The journey of bringing Dhruva to life in Hindi has been as exciting & exhilarating as portraying any of my characters on the big screen,” says actor Ajay Devgn.
“We couldn’t think of a better fit than Ajay Devgn to lend his voice for this power packed film. While lending voices for big screen premieres of regional and international dubs is common, we wanted to set a new benchmark by bringing this trend onto TV Premieres. We aim to bring to our viewers, the big blockbusters of Indian Cinema as extravagantly as possible,” says Star India GM and executive president Hindi movie business Hemal Jhaveri.
‘Dhruva’ follows the dramatic journey of IPS officer. Dhruva, who is on a mission to bring down Siddharth Abhimanyu (Arvind Swamy), an evil genius who is the brain behind a massive medical mafia.