- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
AETN-TV18 JV to launch second channel FYI TV18 in India
MUMBAI: Four and a half years after launching History TV18 in India, the AETN–TV18 joint venture will launch its second channel called FYI TV18.
While HistoryTV18 is an infotainment channel, the new channel will be in the lifestyle space.
The channel will cover a range of genres including food, home decor and style. It will take a modern spin on traditional lifestyle programming.
One of the shows airing in the US is ‘Married at First Sight’, an extreme social experiment that follows six brave singles yearning for a lifelong partnership as they agree to a provocative proposal—getting legally married to a complete stranger the moment they first meet.
Meanwhile, in ‘Tiny House Nation’, renovation experts and hosts, John Weisbarth and Zack Giffin, travel across America to show off ingenious small spaces and the inventive people who live in them, as well as help new families design and construct their own mini-dream home in a space no larger than 500 square feet.
Interestingly, FYI TV18 has been through a few iterations. The channel was launched back in 1999 as The Biography Channel as an offshoot of the profile series ‘Biography’. In addition to airing biographical shows, the network aired fictional, non-biographical programmes that were previously seen on A&E.
In July 2007, The Biography Channel unveiled a new on-air brand—identifying the network simply as Bio. The changes came as the network shifted its scope to de-emphasise traditional biographical programmes in favour of true stories about fascinating people.
Then in December 2013, A+E Networks announced that The Biography Channel would be rebranded as FYI, a contemporary lifestyle network.