- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
AETN TV18 enters lifestyle genre with launch of FYI TV18
MUMBAI: AETN TV18 has entered the lifestyle genre with the launch of FYI TV18 today.
The formal launch of the channel will be announced on Thursday. The tagline of the channel is ‘Life Se Milofy’.
As had been reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, FYI TV18 will feature over 100 hours of Hindi-language programming to start with, including three locally produced shows at launch.
The factual, lifestyle and entertainment channel will look to build on A+E Networks’ philosophy of blending powerful international programming brands with home-grown content.
The channel will be available across DTH, digital and analogue cable platforms. The new brand will also draw on content from its US parent, which is known for shows like ‘Man vs Child’, ‘Tiny House Nation’, ‘Seven Year Switch’ and ‘Arranged’.
FYI TV18 will look to offer an adventurous and personalised approach to peoples’ taste, space, relationship, story and more. Its off-script format will bring viewers a diverse mix of programmes exploring genres such as relationships, space and taste. The network will embrace the way a new Indian generation experiences their lives today, not defined by one passion or interest.
There is a fair amount of activity going on in the lifestyle space. Earlier this year, Discovery announced the acquisition of FoodFood. NDTV Good Times is mulling an HD feed. Fox Life, meanwhile, is looking to strengthen its position. Essel Group-owned Living Entertainment is looking to make a stronger push with sharply segmented channels in the lifestyle space as opposed to one channel that offers everything.