- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
A+E Networks TV18 taps former Discovery executive Jagdeep Singh as revenue head
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster A+E Networks TV18 has tapped former Discovery executive Jagdeep Singh as its revenue head.
Singh will be in charge of revenue for the channels History TV18 and FYI TV18, and will report to A+E Networks TV18 managing director and Network18 president Avinash Kaul.
Speaking on the appointment, Kaul said, “Jagdeep, with his deep experience in factual entertainment sales, is a perfect fit for the A+E Networks TV18 brand. His focused, result-oriented approach is sure to add immense value to our revenue efforts as we continue to scale up our brands History TV18 and FYI TV18 to the next level of leadership within the respective genres.”
On the new role, Singh commented, “It’s exciting to be a part of an organisation which has achieved such a lot is such a short time frame. I look forward to expanding A+E Networks TV18’s business and building on the existing strengths of our sales team.”
Singh has over 20 years of experience in the media industry and has worked across companies such as the Discovery Group, where he was national sales head for Animal Planet, Discovery Kids and Discovery Science. He has previously held executive positions with Red FM, Sony Picture Networks, Zee TV, and more.
Singh is an alumnus of the University of Technology, Sydney, and has a proven track record in formulating and implementing sales strategy to ensure disciplined execution.