- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Aditya Swamy moves on from MTV; to join Flipkart
MUMBAI: Viacom18 EVP and business head MTV India and Pepsi MTV Indies Aditya Swamy has put in his papers after a stint of over nine years at the company.
“Swamy has resigned and will be joining Flipkart by the end of this year. He weill be heading the content marketing and digital media for the Indian ecommerce giant,” a source close to the development confirmed.
Swamy had joined the then MTV Networks India in 2006 as VP marketing. Prior to that, he was with Coca-Cola for over eight years.
Swamy was given additional charge of creative and content for MTV in 2010 and was later named business head for the channel.
He was responsible for growing the MTV footprint across TV, web, mobile and the live space. He was also instrumental in launching MTV India’s sibling – Pepsi MTV Indies, an indie music channel co-branded with Pepsico.