- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Aakash Aath to host live 8-hour musical show for Mahalaya
MUMBAI: Bengali general entertainment channel Aakash Aath will host a live eight-hour musical show to welcome Mahalaya.
Titled ‘Raat Pohalo Sharodo Praate’, the night-long programme will air from 11 pm on 11 October until 7 am the next day.
The phone-in show will feature leading singers to entertain the audience the entire night. Mahalaya ‘Chandi paath’ and mantras will also be aired on the channel from 4 am for 30 minutes to coincide with the time of ‘Mahalaya’ to be aired on radio.
Aakash Aath director Eshita Surana said, “This is for the first time a Bengali GEC will air 8 hours of live programme. We, at Aakash Aath, have always believed in giving something new to our audience. All the artists are excited to be part of this unique musical initiative.”
‘Raat Pohalo Shaarodo Praate’ will also have live phone calls and viewer interactions. The stars performing on the show are Haimanti Shukla, Srabani Sen, Swapan Basu, Shampa Kundu, Madhurima Dutta, Sagnik Sen, Sutapa Bhattacharya, Biswanath,Manshi, Sumit Samaddar, Biswarup Rudra, Debmalya, Dipannita, Rajkumar Roy, Swagata Mukherjee, Swagato Dey, Sovon, Iman, Sourav Das,Trisha,Aritra, Annesha, Trishit Chowdhury, Praddyut De, Disha Roy, Shom, Somnath Chatterjee and Debashish Chakraborty.
The channel plans to launch an array of shows in the coming days.