- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Aaj Tak, Times Now lead English, Hindi news genres
MUMBAI: Aaj Tak and Times Now were the leading news channels in Hindi and English genres in Week 8, as per BARC India data of the updated universe estimate (UE).
The UE, based on a survey, has revealed that the number of TV households has jumped 18%. Rural TV households have overtaken urban under the UE. This makes Week 8 data incomparable with the previous week’s data also because the age group is different.
Week 8 data is based on NCCS all: 2+ individuals while the data for previous weeks were based on NCCS all: 4+ individuals.
Top English news channels
In the English news genre, India Today Television was at the second position, followed by CNN News18 and NDTV 24×7.
BBC World was at the fifth position.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural HSM
In the Hindi news genre, India TV followed Aaj Taj at No. 2 position in urban + rural HSM with ABP News at third. Zee News and News Nation occupied the fourth and fifth slots.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, Zee News was ahead of ABP News, while other positions had same channels as urban + rural HSM.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, India News also figured in the top 5 along with Aaj Tak, India TV, ABP News and Zee News.
Top English business news channels
CNBC TV18 was the leader in the English business news genre with 0.53 million impressions, followed by ET Now, NDTV Profit/Prime, BTVi and CNBC TV18 Prime HD.
Top Hindi business news channels
CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business were the top two channels with 1.7 and 1.2 million impressions respectively.