- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Aaj Tak launches show for rural audience
MUMBAI: Hindi news channel Aaj Tak is taking its spirit to rural India with the launch of ‘Aaj Tak Ka Gaon Connection’, a special series tailor-made for the rural audience connecting India and Bharat.
The channel aims to give a voice to rural India by providing a spectrum of rural news ranging from hard subjects to inspirational stories, problems, issues and a perspective that is fresh and rural.
India Today Group CEO Ashish Bagga said, “The launch of ‘Aaj Tak Ka Gaon Connection’ is just another step that underlines channel’s thought leadership and the consistent effort to break new ground. The series will fill a long-standing void that this vast audience base has been feeling.”
The show will be hosted by senior journalist Neelesh Misra, a leading lyricist and scriptwriter in Hindi films, and founder–editorial director of India’s first rural newspaper Gaon Connection.
The series will keep rural India updated on issues that matter and give a glimpse of their world to the viewers across towns and cities.