- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Aaj Tak launches show for rural audience
MUMBAI: Hindi news channel Aaj Tak is taking its spirit to rural India with the launch of ‘Aaj Tak Ka Gaon Connection’, a special series tailor-made for the rural audience connecting India and Bharat.
The channel aims to give a voice to rural India by providing a spectrum of rural news ranging from hard subjects to inspirational stories, problems, issues and a perspective that is fresh and rural.
India Today Group CEO Ashish Bagga said, “The launch of ‘Aaj Tak Ka Gaon Connection’ is just another step that underlines channel’s thought leadership and the consistent effort to break new ground. The series will fill a long-standing void that this vast audience base has been feeling.”
The show will be hosted by senior journalist Neelesh Misra, a leading lyricist and scriptwriter in Hindi films, and founder–editorial director of India’s first rural newspaper Gaon Connection.
The series will keep rural India updated on issues that matter and give a glimpse of their world to the viewers across towns and cities.