- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Aaj Tak gets 10 million likes on Facebook
MUMBAI: Leading Hindi news channel Aaj Tak has crossed a milestone by amassing 10 million likes on social networking site Facebook.
Aaj Tak has become the first news brand in the country to reach the number, making it one of the most followed, liked, and engaging channels across platforms.
In April 2013, the channel’s Facebook page had received 1 million likes and in another two and a half years, it has reached the 10-million level. The channel said in a statement that while the number of followers on the social media page has been growing, during news heavy periods like the elections that see increased interest in news, the pace has been tremendous.
The Aaj Tak Facebook page claims an average weekly engagement of around 3.8 million users as per data over the last one week of reaching 10 million likes. The fans also go on to comment, interact and share content from the Aaj Tak page.
The channel has been integrating Facebook and social media with television programming with regular polls, debates and viewer interactivity. Real-time updates on the channel of reactions and comments from Facebook fans during the IPL and World Cup have ensured high engagement.
Aaj Tak has also used the platform to connect people directly with celebrities through Facebook chats.
High engagement through news videos and a series of far reaching campaigns on Facebook like ‘Dilli Ke Dil Mein Kya hai?’ have also ensured the growing popularity of the channel across all platforms, claims the channel.