- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Aaj Tak climbs back to No. 1 spot; BBC enters top 5 in English news genre
MUMBAI: Aaj Tak once again climbed to the top position among the Hindi general news channels even as the week-on-week seesaw battle in the genre continued.
However, the week ended 13 November saw the top five Hindi news channels gain significantly in terms of viewership.
Interestingly, despite an increase in viewership, previous week’s leader India TV ended the week at No. 3 as Aaj Tak and ABP News each went up a slot.
News Nation and Zee News remained at No. 4 and 5, respectively.
English news channels witnessed some gain in viewership. While Times Now maintained its lead in the genre, NDTV 24X7 hopped on to the No. 2 spot, racing ahead of CNN IBN.
BBC World News entered the top five.
English business news
Unlike Hindi and English general news channels, the top three channels in the English business news genre witnessed a fall in viewership owing to the Diwali holidays and the markets remaining closed.
The pecking order remained unchanged—ET Now led the chart, followed by CNBC TV18, NDTV Profit/ Prime and Bloomberg TV in tow.
Hindi business news
On the back of a rise in viewership, Zee Business raced ahead of CNBC Awaaz, which saw a marginal fall in viewership during the week.