- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Aaj Tak claims reach of 100+ mn for four straight weeks
MUMBAI: TV Today Network’s Hindi news channel Aaj Tak has claimed that it has become the first and only news channel to reach over 100 million viewers in the Hindi belt for four weeks in a row (Weeks 46–49, 2015).
The channel stated that it is 5.5 times of the English news genre in terms of coverage and 24 times in terms of viewership as per BARC ratings, 5 English news channels; 4+ Yrs, all-India U+R, Wks 46–49, 2015.
India Today group CEO Ashish Bagga commented, “As the undisputed leader, Aaj Tak is not just the torchbearer of society but also of the news industry in India. The channel has always reached great heights and paved the way with its thought leadership initiatives and journalistic excellence. I congratulate the entire team at Aaj Tak for this milestone.”
It also said that Aaj Tak was the clear No. 1 channel across all important TGs during this period.
Aaj Tak said it has also been rated high in IRS 2014 and TGI 2014 Wave 2 (alternative survey reports on media consumption). As per IRS 2014, individuals, C&S viewers, Aaj Tak is not only the most-viewed news channel but also the sixth most-watched channel across genres. As per the report, Aaj Tak is over two times of the next news channels and has a reach of 55.6 million.
The trend for Aaj Tak is similar as per TGI India 2014, Wave 2 (SEC AB viewers), which has ranked Aaj Tak as 72 per cent ahead of the next two news channels put together. The finding further goes to place Aaj Tak as more than six times of the English news genre.