- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Aaj Tak back as No. 1 Hindi news channel in Week 43
MUMBAI: The No. 1 position in the Hindi news genre is turning out to be a game of musical chairs of sorts between Aaj Tak and India TV as the former has once again taken the top slot in Week 43 of BARC’s all-India ratings. In the previous week, India TV had replaced Aaj Tak as the No. 1 channel.
In the week under review, India TV was relegated to the second slot. Apart from top two, the pecking order remained unchanged with ABP News, News Nation and Zee News taking the remaining three slots in that order. The top five Hindi news channels saw a spike in viewership.
The pecking order of the English news channels remained unchanged with the top three channels Times Now, CNN-IBN, and NDTV 24×7 witnessing growth in viewership. India Today Television and Bangalore-based News9 saw a drop in viewership.
Likewise, the English business news channels saw no change in the pecking order with ET Now leading the charts, followed by CNBC TV18. NDTV Profit/Prime and Bloomberg TV India remained at the third and fourth position respectively. ET Now and CNBC TV18’s viewership decreased slightly while NDTV Profit/Prime saw a slight growth in viewership.