- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Aaj Tak back as No. 1 Hindi news channel in Week 43
MUMBAI: The No. 1 position in the Hindi news genre is turning out to be a game of musical chairs of sorts between Aaj Tak and India TV as the former has once again taken the top slot in Week 43 of BARC’s all-India ratings. In the previous week, India TV had replaced Aaj Tak as the No. 1 channel.
In the week under review, India TV was relegated to the second slot. Apart from top two, the pecking order remained unchanged with ABP News, News Nation and Zee News taking the remaining three slots in that order. The top five Hindi news channels saw a spike in viewership.
The pecking order of the English news channels remained unchanged with the top three channels Times Now, CNN-IBN, and NDTV 24×7 witnessing growth in viewership. India Today Television and Bangalore-based News9 saw a drop in viewership.
Likewise, the English business news channels saw no change in the pecking order with ET Now leading the charts, followed by CNBC TV18. NDTV Profit/Prime and Bloomberg TV India remained at the third and fourth position respectively. ET Now and CNBC TV18’s viewership decreased slightly while NDTV Profit/Prime saw a slight growth in viewership.