- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
9XO celebrates third anniversary with a music block
MUMBAI: 9X Media’s international pure-play music channel 9XO is celebrating its third anniversary with a special music block called ‘Awesome Threesome’.
‘Awesome Threesome’ will showcase a compilation of three chart-topping songs. The block will air as a celebratory offering for two weeks till 5 May, featuring artists like Miley Cyrus, Sam Smith, Sia, 1D and Beyonce.
Kenny stated that the idea behind 9XO is to provide viewers with the best English music in a clutter-free environment.
The third anniversary will be promoted across digital and social media platforms.
9XO programming head Clyde D’Souza said, “As part of our three-year celebrations, we want to give our viewers an overdose of what we do best. Over the next couple of weeks, you can enjoy three hits from over 15 awesome artists.”
Going ahead, the channel will add more music to its platform, especially exclusive independent music. It is presently working with music labels to identify artists with exciting tracks.
It will continue to encourage new talent through its platform OmeGrown.
Adding to the content this year, the channel is looking at special short-form content to rope in additional viewers.
“We feel long-form music content does not work, so we are working on packaging music-based documentaries, artists talking about their albums, behind-the-scene footages of tours, etc.,” he said.
The channel will strengthen its digital presence further and is in the process of developing digital content too.
With the channel’s recent launch on Airtel DTH, most of the distribution issues are over now. The only obstacle left now is Tata Sky.