- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
16 IPL matches touch cumulative reach of 266 mn
MUMBAI: The 16 matches of the Indian Premier League (IPL) broadcast on Sony Max, Sony Six and Sony ESPN have achieved a cumulative reach of 266 million, as per BARC data provided by the broadcaster.
The IPL matches have registered a 43 per cent reach in rural and 46 per cent from female viewers. The tournament has been most viewed by people aged 22–30 years.
The top-performing markets in terms of viewership are Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka and Gujarat.
Besides, as reported earlier, Sony MAX became the No. 1 channel at the all-India level in Week 16 for the period ended 22 April.
The broadcaster said that the viewership has sustained despite power cuts, which led to a drop in the total television viewership and pulled it to the lowest at the HSM level.