- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
16 IPL matches touch cumulative reach of 266 mn
MUMBAI: The 16 matches of the Indian Premier League (IPL) broadcast on Sony Max, Sony Six and Sony ESPN have achieved a cumulative reach of 266 million, as per BARC data provided by the broadcaster.
The IPL matches have registered a 43 per cent reach in rural and 46 per cent from female viewers. The tournament has been most viewed by people aged 22–30 years.
The top-performing markets in terms of viewership are Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka and Gujarat.
Besides, as reported earlier, Sony MAX became the No. 1 channel at the all-India level in Week 16 for the period ended 22 April.
The broadcaster said that the viewership has sustained despite power cuts, which led to a drop in the total television viewership and pulled it to the lowest at the HSM level.