- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zomato raises Rs 390 cr from Temasek Holdings, Vy Capital
MUMBAI: Zomato Media, which runs popular restaurant search and review website Zomato.com, has raised Rs 390 crore ($60 million) in a fresh round of funding from private equity player Temasek Holdings Pte and existing investor Vy Capital.
Info Edge (India) Ltd, which is the largest stakeholder in the company, did not participate in the current round.
Info Edge informed that following the transaction, it will own 47 per cent stake in Zomato.
Zomato will use the fresh funding to expand into new business verticals.
With this latest round, Zomato has raised a total of $225 million from Info Edge, Sequoia India, Vy Capital and Temasek.
Zomato Founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal said, “We will use this round to make investments in our new businesses such as online ordering, table reservations, point of sales, and our newly launched Whitelabel platform.”
“With this round, and with some of our markets turning profitable recently, Zomato is well-capitalised for at least two years. We are also stoked to have Temasek partner with us, and are looking forward to building one of the largest food-tech companies in the world,” Goyal added.
Founded in 2008, Zomato currently has 70,000 restaurants listed on its India platform, while overall it boasts 1.4 million listings across 22 countries with over 3,000 employees.