- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Zomato raises Rs 390 cr from Temasek Holdings, Vy Capital
MUMBAI: Zomato Media, which runs popular restaurant search and review website Zomato.com, has raised Rs 390 crore ($60 million) in a fresh round of funding from private equity player Temasek Holdings Pte and existing investor Vy Capital.
Info Edge (India) Ltd, which is the largest stakeholder in the company, did not participate in the current round.
Info Edge informed that following the transaction, it will own 47 per cent stake in Zomato.
Zomato will use the fresh funding to expand into new business verticals.
With this latest round, Zomato has raised a total of $225 million from Info Edge, Sequoia India, Vy Capital and Temasek.
Zomato Founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal said, “We will use this round to make investments in our new businesses such as online ordering, table reservations, point of sales, and our newly launched Whitelabel platform.”
“With this round, and with some of our markets turning profitable recently, Zomato is well-capitalised for at least two years. We are also stoked to have Temasek partner with us, and are looking forward to building one of the largest food-tech companies in the world,” Goyal added.
Founded in 2008, Zomato currently has 70,000 restaurants listed on its India platform, while overall it boasts 1.4 million listings across 22 countries with over 3,000 employees.