- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Zomato enters Poland with acquisition of Gastronauci
MUMBAI: Indian restaurant, event listing, review and search service Zomato has acquired Poland-based Gastronauci, a restaurant search service, for an undisclosed amount.
Zomato, which has recently raised $37 million from Sequoia Capital and Info Edge India, has been on an acquisition spree. Gastronauci is its fourth international acquisition in the last three months.
In July, it had bought New Zealand-based restaurant discovery service MenuMania and later in August it gobbled up Czech Republic-based Lunchtime.cz and Slovakia-based Obedovat.sk, both online restaurants search service providers, for $3.25 million.
Zomato founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal said, “Zomato and Gastronauci are committed to building a platform to connect users and the restaurant industry. We will be building an integrated product combining our technology with Gastronauci’s reach in Poland.”
Gastronauci, which was started in 2007, also offers a Zomato-like mobile app that allow users in Poland to look for places to dine out.
“We have had great success in building a strong and engaging user-base for Gastronauci in Poland since launch. We look forward to working with Zomato and use their technology and product expertise to bring a new enhanced experience for both consumers and merchants,” said Gastronauci founder and CEO Ola Lazar.
Founded in 2008 by two IIT Delhi alumni, Zomato offers information including menus, directions, contact details, pictures and user reviews. It has presence in over 100 cities across 16 countries. Apart from India, it also now has presence in the UK, the UAE, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Qatar and the Czech Republic.