- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Zee TV teams up with Twitter to launch red carpet app for Zee Rishtey Awards
MUMBAI: Zee TV has teamed up with micro-blogging platform Twitter to launch a red carpet app called ‘Twitter Challenger App’ for its annual awards property Zee Rishtey Awards 2015.
The app, which has been a rage at the Emmys, Grammy Awards, MTV and the VMA Awards, presents viewers with a quirky, personal avatar of their favourite Zee TV stars, caught candid on the red carpet and captured in their element, sportily taking on fun tasks and questions.
Zee TV business head Pradeep Hejmadi said, “Zee TV is the first Indian GEC to explore Twitter’s unique celebrity engagement app that will give our viewers an experience of almost walking the red carpet of Zee Rishtey Awards with their favourite stars. On an occasion where we celebrate our relationships within the Zee family as well as the most important one we share with our viewers, the app gives us an opportunity to thank them for their continued love and support.”
“It is an exciting moment for us to feature the Twitter Challenger App on the red carpet at Zee Rishtey Awards. The Challenger App helps create engaging visual content, especially videos, and it is great for our users, who love to consume entertaining content with celebrities. TV celebrities have a huge following on Twitter, and this is, therefore, the perfect association,” says Twitter head of TV partnerships Viral Jani.
Zee Rishtey Awards 2015 will air on Zee TV on 6 December. Viewers can watch the curtain raiser at 6 pm, followed by red carpet special at 6:30 pm and the main awards ceremony at 7 pm. Lux is the title sponsor of the event while Dabur Amla Hair Oil and Pro-ease are the powered-by sponsors.