- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Zee launches app for APAC viewers
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) has launched its ZeeFamily.tv application for its Asia Pacific viewers.
Already available in the US, it is an IPTV service that gives viewers instant and unlimited access to a wide variety of Bollywood and Indian regional original content from the Zee suite of television networks.
Zee Asia Pacific business head Sushruta Samanta said, “ZeeFamily.tv app has received a wonderful traction in the US market since its launch. The catch-up feature and the VoD option have found strong preference within our viewers. We are expecting a similar trend in the widely distributed diaspora population within the Asia Pacific region.”
Subscribers can choose from a library of hundreds of classic and new Bollywood movies. They will also have access to episodes of classic Zee shows. Some of the key features include a 30-day catch-up feature.
The service will now be available in Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
The app is available on any web browser and on devices including iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. The first 30 days will be given for free trial, after which pay subscription will begin. Viewers will be able to register for a TV package of their choice.
Zee Family’s subscription video on demand (SVOD) service will allow members to re-watch episodes of their favourite shows. For movie fans there is a special monthly movie subscription package that allows unlimited access to the movie library.
The TV app will be activated for six locations in the Asia Pacific to start with and will be opened for other markets later. It will contain over 25 Zee channels including general entertainment, movies, news and regional content.
ZEEL claims that the app will be an important tool to fight piracy and illegal viewing of content within the online community.