- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
YuppTV partners Telesur to offer internet TV service in Suriname
MUMBAI: Over-the-top (OTT) content player for South Asian content YuppTV has signed a partnership agreement with Suriname-based telecom service provider Telesur to deliver OTT internet television services in Suriname.
Through the partnership, YuppTV will provide a full turnkey technology solution to Telesur, aggregating existing local, Dutch and foreign content from various ethnicities, and bringing Bollywood content to the people of Suriname.
YuppTV CEO Uday Reddy said, “We are thrilled to take YuppTV to Suriname through this unique partnership with Telesur. We look forward to offering a host of pioneering and innovative OTT services to Telesur and the people of this historic sovereign state. The partnership is an exciting development for us at YuppTV and we thank Telesur, Suriname, for placing their faith in us.”
Telesur’s Internet TV service will enable subscribers to watch local, Dutch, foreign and Bollywood channels live as well as 10-day catch-up on multiple devices with a single subscription.
Telesur CEO Dirk Currie said, “With this partnership with YuppTV, the company will be able to deliver TV entertainment to larger audiences in Suriname anytime, anywhere over multiple devices like Samsung TVs, Android and iOS devices and supported set-top boxes.”