- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
YuppTV adds direct operator billing for customers
MUMBAI: Over-the-top (OTT) service YuppTV, which had recently raised $50 million from KKR-backed Emerald Media, has partnered SLA Digital to enable direct operator billing for its consumers to pay for digital content on their phones by charging it directly to their phone bills or deducting it from their available prepaid phone credit.
This feature will make the subscription process easier for end consumers, also enabling YuppTV to diversify into developing countries and target a much wider customer base. SLA Digital has initially connected YuppTV to Zain Bahrain for direct operator billing and has plans to extend it to additional mobile operators in the near future.
SLA Digital corporate communications manager Ashley O’Kane commented, “Partnering YuppTV, one of the largest providers of South-Asian content, adds to our lucrative network of partnerships that SLA Digital is delivering to global mobile operators via digital services like direct operator billing.”
YuppTV has a global reach, offering live entertainment and news, TV shows, short videos and movies covering a wide range of languages to South Asian expat communities.
Demand for this content is huge even in the emerging markets with an increase in sales of smart devices; however, credit card penetration continues to be low. This means that consumers are less likely to have credit cards to pay for these services online. Direct operator billing becomes an easy way for them to subscribe and pay for this service.
YuppTV founder and CEO Uday Reddy stated, “YuppTV has been built around making the best use of technology growth and advancement. Partnering SLA Digital to allow mobile operator subscribers to pay for our service using a simple and secure solution like direct operator billing builds on those principles. Following this strategic alliance, we are dedicated to providing the most invigorating content to the South-Asian expat community.”