- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
YuppTV adds Al Jazeera to platform
MUMBAI: YuppTV has launched global news channel Al Jazeera on its OTT platform.
With Al Jazeera, YuppTV has added another news services provider to its bouquet. Al Jazeera English will give viewers a global perspective through its news, current affairs, documentaries and live debates in six continents and over 140 countries.
YuppTV CEO Uday Reddy said, “We are thrilled to launch Al Jazeera English for consumers across the world today (except the USA). Al Jazeera English is a fresh voice in international news and we believe the channel will offer pioneering news-viewing experience to people. We take this opportunity to warmly welcome Al Jazeera to the YuppTV family and strongly believe our viewers will benefit from this launch immensely.”
Al Jazeera Media Network executive director of marketing and distribution Abdulla Al Najjar said, “The mission of Al Jazeera is to deliver captivating content that tells the human story. We are, therefore, naturally excited to partner YuppTV, which is one of the leading over-the-top content players. Al Jazeera English offers audiences, on a variety of platforms, an unparalleled look at the world and shines a light on under-reported regions. We trust this will mark the beginning of a new and exciting international partnership.”