- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
YuppTV adds Al Jazeera to platform
MUMBAI: YuppTV has launched global news channel Al Jazeera on its OTT platform.
With Al Jazeera, YuppTV has added another news services provider to its bouquet. Al Jazeera English will give viewers a global perspective through its news, current affairs, documentaries and live debates in six continents and over 140 countries.
YuppTV CEO Uday Reddy said, “We are thrilled to launch Al Jazeera English for consumers across the world today (except the USA). Al Jazeera English is a fresh voice in international news and we believe the channel will offer pioneering news-viewing experience to people. We take this opportunity to warmly welcome Al Jazeera to the YuppTV family and strongly believe our viewers will benefit from this launch immensely.”
Al Jazeera Media Network executive director of marketing and distribution Abdulla Al Najjar said, “The mission of Al Jazeera is to deliver captivating content that tells the human story. We are, therefore, naturally excited to partner YuppTV, which is one of the leading over-the-top content players. Al Jazeera English offers audiences, on a variety of platforms, an unparalleled look at the world and shines a light on under-reported regions. We trust this will mark the beginning of a new and exciting international partnership.”