- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
YuppTV acquires streaming rights to India–West Indies T20 series in US
MUMBAI: Over-the-top (OTT) player YuppTV has secured the exclusive streaming rights to the T20 matches between India and the current T20 world champions, West Indies, for the USA, Canada and the Caribbean islands. Previously, YuppTV had streamed the Asia Cup on their platform.
The T20 series, taking place in Florida, USA, on 27 and 28 August, will be available live on YuppTV through multiple internet-enabled devices, including smart TVs, smart Blu-ray players, laptops, gaming consoles, streaming media players, smartphones and tablets.
YuppTV founder and CEO Uday Reddy said, “We started YuppTV with the vision of providing the most entertaining South Asian content to the expat community, to be consumed by them at their convenience. Cricket as a sport has a cult following among the viewers, and we are glad to deliver top-notch entertainment to the sports enthusiasts on our platform. We further hope that our audience will enjoy the latest offering on YuppTV, catching the live and exclusive India vs West Indies T20 trophy match.”
Star India has acquired the TV rights to the T20 international matches for Rs 34.2 crore (Rs 342 million).