- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
YRF to use Twitter for marketing its movies
MUMBAI: Bollywood movie studio Yash Raj Films has partnered with social networking platform Twitter to reach mobile-friendly audiences.
YRF through its Twitter handle will send selective Tweets (driven by #YRFBuzz) as SMS to users who subscribe to the service by giving a missed call to 07505475054. This feature will work on any phone, any network and is free of charge, for online as well as offline users.
Yash Raj Film VP digital Anand Gurnani said, “We are on the cusp of widespread growth across mobile, web and social media. This syndicated mobility programme will aim to reach mobile-friendly audiences and analyse consumption patterns and trends across web and mobile. Moreover, the move is aligned to the company’s ‘mobile-first’ approach.”
Twitter India head of TV and entertainment partnerships Pratiksha Rao added, “In India, Twitter is focused on reaching every person with a mobile phone and this product is in service of that goal. We are excited about Yash Raj Films taking the initiative to make it even more accessible for fans of their movies and content to stay in touch with the latest buzz at one of India’s biggest movie production houses.”
Yash Raj Films becomes the first production house to activate this kind of service in the entertainment vertical.