- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
YRF lets viewers watch films on Facebook
MUMBAI: After Dharma Productions, Yash Raj Films has now come up with the idea to give audiences an extra dose of entertainment by enabling them to watch their favourite YRF movies on Facebook.
From ‘Darr’ to ‘Gunday’, about 30 films produced under the banner, have been made live on YRF’s official Facebook page, and users can watch these movies directly on the social networking site, on a transactional basis. This feature has been enabled in association with FilmKaravan.
Yash Raj Films Pvt Ltd VP digital Anand Gurnani said, “Consumer consumption patterns have changed and Facebook has become the default homepage for millions of people across the globe. Our movies are easily accessible on most of the leading VOD platforms. Making our films available through the Facebook platform was a natural extension to our digital distribution efforts. It’s imperative that we be where our consumers are.”
FilmKaravan MD Sanjay Bachani said, “This is the start of a new era where Yash Raj Films, the pioneers of Indian cinema, are yet again at the forefront of engaging viewers around the globe on the favourite social networking eco-system. We are thrilled to facilitate this phenomenon of bridging the gap between fans and their favourite films.”
YRF’s Facebook page has a collective fan base of over 45 million users, and the banner empowers users to watch the films through their Facebook accounts. The audiences can also post their comments on the movie, and share it with their friends.