- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
YRF lets viewers watch films on Facebook
MUMBAI: After Dharma Productions, Yash Raj Films has now come up with the idea to give audiences an extra dose of entertainment by enabling them to watch their favourite YRF movies on Facebook.
From ‘Darr’ to ‘Gunday’, about 30 films produced under the banner, have been made live on YRF’s official Facebook page, and users can watch these movies directly on the social networking site, on a transactional basis. This feature has been enabled in association with FilmKaravan.
Yash Raj Films Pvt Ltd VP digital Anand Gurnani said, “Consumer consumption patterns have changed and Facebook has become the default homepage for millions of people across the globe. Our movies are easily accessible on most of the leading VOD platforms. Making our films available through the Facebook platform was a natural extension to our digital distribution efforts. It’s imperative that we be where our consumers are.”
FilmKaravan MD Sanjay Bachani said, “This is the start of a new era where Yash Raj Films, the pioneers of Indian cinema, are yet again at the forefront of engaging viewers around the globe on the favourite social networking eco-system. We are thrilled to facilitate this phenomenon of bridging the gap between fans and their favourite films.”
YRF’s Facebook page has a collective fan base of over 45 million users, and the banner empowers users to watch the films through their Facebook accounts. The audiences can also post their comments on the movie, and share it with their friends.