- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Honeypreet Insan alleges threat to life from drug syndicate in Punjab, Haryana
YouTube to provide ad view data to advertisers
MUMBAI: Google Inc’s digital video network YouTube is gearing up to provide data on how many advertisements on its network can be seen by viewers. The data will be provided to advertisers as a response to their complaints.
According to Financial Times, YouTube plans to allow third-party verification groups to insert code on its website, which would let them collect data on the position and context of ads.
The move is expected to start rolling by the end of the year and could attract verification companies including ComScore, DoubleVerify and Integral Ad Science.
Viewability had long been a concern for its clients. “We are committed to meeting all of our clients’ measurement needs through a combination of product innovation and industry partnerships,” YouTube said in a statement.
The plan is a response to complaints from advertisers including Unilever and Kellogg Co.