- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
YouTube Red makes first investment in original series available on kids app
MUMBAI: Online video social network YouTube has said that YouTube Kids has become a go-to destination for families around the world with over 30 billion views in the app to date and over 8 million active viewers enjoying the app each week for its enriching and entertaining digital content.
“Since launching the YouTube Kids app in 2015, we’ve seen an incredible response from kids and families around the world. Eight million weekly active users in just two years is both an exciting accomplishment and confirmation to our amazing partners globally that the content they work so hard to create is really resonating with families. From DIY tutorials and language learning to science experiments, magic tricks and animated shows, we are inspired by the storytelling creators are doing every single day. And building on this strong foundation, we’re also excited to be announcing new deals with content originals and connected TVs,” said YouTube global head of family, learning Malik Ducard.
YouTube global head of original content Susanne Daniels is adding four new original series to YouTube Red, created with the YouTube Kids app in mind. These new series will feature top creators: DanTDM , Joe and Cody of TheAtlanticCraft, popular tween music act L2M, and Fruit Ninja. This marks the first time YouTube Red has invested in creators who are producing original programming for family audiences. These series will debut starting in the spring. Additional shows are in development and will premiere throughout 2017.
“Our investment in these YouTube Red Originals is an exciting step that allows us to continue to provide the most robust roster of programming that is fun for the whole family, especially for kids using the YouTube Kids app. We put a lot of thought into which shows to launch first and we are excited that with this lineup there is something for everyone whether you love gaming or pop songs,” said YouTube Originals head of family entertainment and learning Nadine Zylstra.
The first of the new original series launching this spring and summer include:
- Hyperlinked: This series is inspired by a true story and stars music sensation L2M. It follows five girls as they come together to create their own website by girls for girls. They also must navigate everyday tween issues involving friends and relationships.
- DanTDM Creates A Big Scene: Catch DanTDM and his lively group of animated friends as they battle mayhem and misadventure to keep their brand new live show on the road. Each episode follows their behind-the-scenes exploits as they learn new skills, overcome challenges and find that putting on an epic show isn’t quite as easy as it looks.
- The Kings of Atlantis: The Kings of Atlantis is an epic animated series that follows two young monarchs —Cody and Joe— in the vast underwater city of Atlantis as they seek to overthrow the brutal usurper of their kingdom, reclaim their birthright, and protect their people from his cruel reign.
- Fruit Ninja: Frenzy Force: Four Fruit Ninjas set up a juice stand as a front for the messiest secret service in the world. The new Fruit Ninja characters—Seb, Niya, Peng and Ralph—come together to fight the evil forces of Durian Grey and the Deep Fried Sensei. They will use their Juice Jitsu skills (and perhaps some help from their own Sensei) to prevail.
Additionally, YouTube Kids is coming soon to Smart TVs. Parents and kids often enjoy watching their favourite family programming on a big screen, so it’s a natural next step for the app to be available directly from the big screen in one’s home. The YouTube Kids app will be available soon for download on a number of internet-connected LG and Samsung Smart TVs.