- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
YouTube inks content deals with stars
MUMBAI: Online social video network YouTube has signed on Kevin Hart, Demi Lovato, Katty Perry, Ellen DeGeneres, and more for new original programming.
Since these shows are ad-supported, you—and every single one of Youtube’s billion-plus viewers—can watch for free.
The Hart show involves people trying to master tough physical routines. Degeneres’ show gives viewers access to stars and her favourite moments. Meanwhile, Lovato’s show is about her journey for a year to record a new album.
Bringing even more can’t-miss content to audiences globally: YouTube added that for years, it has been proud to work with creators like Casey Neistat, Jackie Aina and countless others who have turned their channels into daily destinations. And with these channels packaged within Google Preferred—our offering that allows brands to advertise on some of the most-loved and most-watched content on YouTube—brands have been able to support the videos you love, so you can enjoy for free.
These channels YouTube said continue to be hugely successful. That’s why, starting in 2016, it made the decision to take YouTube to the next level.
Launching new ad-supported shows, exclusively on YouTube: YouTube said that when excited fans, brands, and creators tell us something, it listens. Beginning later this year, some of the biggest YouTube creators and Hollywood names will be featured in seven new series on YouTube—bringing more can’t-get-enough-of and can’t-find-anywhere-else shows to everyone, everywhere. With these new shows, brands can be a part of content that’s generating buzz around the world.
- Ellen’s Show Me More Show: This is a twice-a-week series built just for YouTube, giving fans behind the scenes access to stars and her favourite moments.
- Good Mythical Morning: Worldwide YouTube superstars—and hosts of YouTube’s most popular daily show—Rhett And Link will look to go to new heights in a long-form expansion of ‘Good Mythical Morning’, giving fans even more of what they crave: larger-than-life stunts, zanier challenges, and over-the-top laughs.
- ‘Kevin Hart: What the Fit?’: Hart will team up with celebrity friends and YouTube stars each week as they attempt to master a different trending, grueling and sometimes ridiculous workout routine.
- I Am: Demi Lovato: Music star and social advocate, Demi Lovato reveals a yearlong personal journey of music reinvention and deep discovery as she dives into the writing and recording of her new album in her new series, I Am: Demi Lovato.
- Best.Cover.Ever.: From Ryan Seacrest Productions and Endemol Shine North America, Best.Cover.Ever. is a talent competition series hosted by Ludacris where emerging talent from across the globe submit covers to YouTube to vie for the ultimate prize: an opportunity to perform a duet with a superstar artist. Submit your cover now at thebestcoverever.com.
- The Super Slow Show: YouTube stars ‘The Slow Mo Guys’ will test the latest in technology to reinvent the way we look at celebrities, music, pranks, comedy sketches and more, giving a one-of-a-kind glimpse into what the world looks like in slow motion.
- Katy Perry Live Special: This will take viewers inside of her world, revealing the experiences and emotions she poured into her all-new soul-baring music on the eve of her highly anticipated album launch. With unique access, global reach and surprise fun packed along the way, Katy will break it all down in this album listen-along, and if you stick around long enough, there might just be fireworks.
YouTube said that it is excited to partner with top creators and world-class production companies to offer these new shows to audiences globally—on the platform where the world chooses to watch over a billion hours of video every day. People turn to YouTube to express themselves, engage with creators, and connect with the thriving communities they’re proud to be a part of.
YouTube announced that Johnson And Johnson consumer brands will be its first advertising partner of this new content. In addition to a major investment in creators through Google Preferred, they’ve signed on as the exclusive sponsor of Best.Cover.Ever., helping to make the talent competition accessible to YouTube viewers.