- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
You On Demand launches a subscription platform for kids in China
MUMBAI: You On Demand Holdings, a video-on-demand (VoD) service provider in China delivering Hollywood movies and premium content to mobile and TV screens, has announced the launch of its You Kids On Demand subscription platform, You Kids, for cable and IPTV.
In March 2014, in anticipation of this launch, You On Demand signed agreements with Nelvana Enterprises, Sesame Workshop and Hit Entertainment to offer children’s entertainment titles, which will be offered on this platform.
You Kids, which will be entirely programmed and operated by YOU On Demand, will initially launch with Nanjing Cable, which reaches three million two-way cable subscribers. The service will then expand to other cable and IPTV networks in additional regions in the coming weeks and months.
On a case-by-case basis, You On Demand will either subtitle or dub each specific title into simplified Chinese, based on whether the age group that a title is intended for has the propensity to read.
According to Huidian Research, the market for children’s entertainment and education has enormous potential in China, where there are about 180 million children under the age of eight and more than 20 million newborns annually.
You On Demand chairman Shane McMahon said, “We are excited for the launch of our YOU Kids subscription platform, which will provide the best in premium family-friendly entertainment and educational content to our growing and broadening consumer base in China”.