- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
You On Demand expands relationship with Disney to offer movies on demand via mobile in China
MUMBAI: You On Demand a multi-platform entertainment and Video On Demand company in China, has announced the expansion of its cooperation to offer feature films from Disney Media Distribution via You On Demand’s mobile service.
You On Demand will now make available Disney’s library titles including ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, as well as Marvel library titles through its Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) package. In addition, new releases such as ‘Thor: The Dark World’ and ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ will be available via its Transactional Video On Demand (TVOD) offering.
You On Demand chairman Shane McMahon said, “We are very proud to announce our expanded partnership with Disney as we continue to bring the best in entertainment to mobile users in China. Disney films define quality family entertainment and we’re thrilled that You On Demand will be showcasing Disney content to the world’s largest media audience.
“This partnership marks the next step in You On Demand’s commitment to provide rich and diverse content to customers anytime and anywhere on a wide variety of platforms, including mobile, digital cable, IPTV, Over-the-Top and online.”
With Disney, You On Demand will continue its pursuit of expanding its mobile distribution presence in China. As per the recently announced distribution agreement with Huawei, You On Demand will add Disney titles to its current Hollywood line-up via its newly launched mobile application (“App”), You Cinema. The app currently comes preloaded on Huawei Mate smartphones.
Huawei is a global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider and the third largest global smartphone manufacturer.