- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Yahoo! acquires Vizify
MUMBAI: Yahoo! has acquired Vizify, a company that turns social media data into interactive visual aids such as infographics and videos.
Vizify will shut down as a result. The founders said that Vizify will no longer be allowing new signups or purchases of paid plans.
The founders said that when they started the company in 2011 the vision was to transform the information consumed and created every day into something more beautiful and personal. “We were awed and grateful to see this vision taken up by so many of you as you built and shared our graphical bios, infographic cards, and videos.
“Since last summer, we’ve been engaged in a conversation with some of the incredible folks at Yahoo! about the ways this more visual approach to data can inspire and entertain. As our conversations progressed, we realized we’d found a partner who shared our passion for user experience, design, and visualizing information. Ultimately, we just couldn’t say no to the opportunity to bring our vision to the hundreds of millions of people who use Yahoo every day.
“As part of the transition to Yahoo, we will be sunsetting the Vizify service. As for what’s next, we can’t talk specifics just yet, but we’re excited to bring a more visual approach to data at Yahoo. We have a lot more up our sleeves and can’t wait to get started. “