- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Xperio Labs appoints Vineet Somakumar as VP, GM for South Asia
MUMBA: Xperio Labs has appointed Vineet Somakumar as VP and GM for South Asia and other emerging markets. He will be responsible for the profit and loss of the sales organisation.
In his last assignment, Somakumar was head of media sales and TV media practice of Ericsson India. He also managed the Sub-Saharan Africa business for Ericsson for a brief period. He took Ericsson to a leadership position in the cable sector besides maintaining its leadership position in the broadcast/DTH space.
Prior to joining Tandberg/Ericsson, Somakumar worked for global brands like Cisco/Scientific Atlanta, Siemens and Alcatel both in the service provider and in the enterprise space.
Somakumar commented, “The consumer IoT space is soon getting at an inflection point and Xperio labs is well positioned to lead this space in emerging markets. I am excited to start a new chapter with Xperio. Having worked with most of the founding team members in Scientific Atlanta/Cisco, it’s a kind of home coming for me.”
Xperio Labs president Roshan D’Souza said, “Vineet brings along with him wealth of experience, industry knowledge and strong CXO relationships in the service provider space. I’m confident he will play a key role in providing and implementing high-quality solutions for our clients enabling them to offer their subscribers the best of consumer IoT.”