- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Xperio Labs appoints Vineet Somakumar as VP, GM for South Asia
MUMBA: Xperio Labs has appointed Vineet Somakumar as VP and GM for South Asia and other emerging markets. He will be responsible for the profit and loss of the sales organisation.
In his last assignment, Somakumar was head of media sales and TV media practice of Ericsson India. He also managed the Sub-Saharan Africa business for Ericsson for a brief period. He took Ericsson to a leadership position in the cable sector besides maintaining its leadership position in the broadcast/DTH space.
Prior to joining Tandberg/Ericsson, Somakumar worked for global brands like Cisco/Scientific Atlanta, Siemens and Alcatel both in the service provider and in the enterprise space.
Somakumar commented, “The consumer IoT space is soon getting at an inflection point and Xperio labs is well positioned to lead this space in emerging markets. I am excited to start a new chapter with Xperio. Having worked with most of the founding team members in Scientific Atlanta/Cisco, it’s a kind of home coming for me.”
Xperio Labs president Roshan D’Souza said, “Vineet brings along with him wealth of experience, industry knowledge and strong CXO relationships in the service provider space. I’m confident he will play a key role in providing and implementing high-quality solutions for our clients enabling them to offer their subscribers the best of consumer IoT.”