- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
‘X: Past is Present’ premieres on Spuul
MUMBAI: Spuul, an online streaming service for Indian cinema content, is premiering Drishyam Films’ ‘X: Past is Present’ digitally by adding it to its catalogue of movies.
The movie will be available across devices like web, mobile (iOS, Android), smart TV (Samsung, Panasonic, LG), Airplay on iOS, and Chromecast on Android.
This will be Rajat Kapoor’s second film to debut on Spuul after ‘Ankhon Dekhi’ in 2014. ‘X: Past is Present’ is a 2015 Indian collaborative feature film directed by a team of eleven filmmakers including Abhinav Shiv Tiwari, Anu Menon, Nalan Kumarasamy, Hemant Gaba, Pratim D. Gupta, Q, Raja Sen, Rajshree Ojha, Sandeep Mohan, Sudhish Kamath and Suparn Verma. It features actor-director Rajat Kapoor and Anshuman Jha in the lead.
The story revolves around a filmmaker battling midlife crisis who meets a girl half his age.
Spuul Global CEO Subin Subaiah said, “As one of the leading providers of Bollywood content to viewers across India, Pakistan, UK, US and Middle East, we are constantly investing in growing our library by adding new, popular and in many cases, offbeat, new age titles to our list. In 2016, we will continue to add more diverse cinema to our library, thus providing our viewers with fresh content.”
Commenting on this, V One Entertainment director Ashok G. Jain said, “Happy to take this association forward with Spuul for ‘X: Past is Present’ after successfully distributing films like ‘Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon’, ‘Calendar Girls’, ‘Tamanchey’, ‘BA Pass’, etc. Spuul gives us a wide range of untapped audiences worldwide on their premium platform.
Some of the latest additions to Spuul’s catalogue over the past months are new age movies like ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy’, ‘Ankhon Dekhi’, ‘Jal’, ‘Dum Laga Ke Haisha’, ‘Hunterrr’ and more.