- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Wipro provides TV middleware solution for Hisense 4K TVs in Japan
MUMBAI: Global IT, consulting and BPO services company Wipro has successfully provided its digital TV middleware solution for Hisense 4K TVs in Japan.
Wipro was selected by Hisense as the middleware partner for its 4K TV segment in Japan. As a part of its engagement with Hisense, Wipro integrated its market-ready software stack with Hisense’s 4K TV product portfolio. It also helped the company accelerate the product development lifecycle of its recently launched product variants of 4K LCD TV.
The Wipro solution supports Hisense 4K TV product features—ISDB-T/S Broadcast and HD-PVR—enabling a premium viewing experience for customers.
Hisense is a multinational white goods, brown goods and electronics manufacturer.
Wipro’s middleware solution is fully compliant with the latest Japanese Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB specifications) (ISDB-T/S) and is integration-ready for Android TV, Linux, QNX and other operating systems. Wipro’s solution enables key smart TV features such as hybrid multi-tuner (terrestrial & satellite), antenna diversity, one and full segment services, BS/CS, BCAS verifier, support for fixed and mobile receivers, and advanced HD-PVR scenarios.
Wipro SVP and global head of product engineering services Anita Ganti said, “We are delighted to partner Hisense in the launch of their 4K TV products in Japan. The successful deployment is a testament to the best-in-class quality of our digital TV middleware solutions and reinforces our commitment to become a partner of choice for the global media industry.”
Wipro’s expertise in providing digital TV middleware solutions based on ATSC, DVB, ISDB and other interactive standards have been leveraged by partners worldwide. The middleware solutions have been powering digital TV, set-top box and automotive infotainment devices across the globe for over 15 years.