- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Wipro provides TV middleware solution for Hisense 4K TVs in Japan
MUMBAI: Global IT, consulting and BPO services company Wipro has successfully provided its digital TV middleware solution for Hisense 4K TVs in Japan.
Wipro was selected by Hisense as the middleware partner for its 4K TV segment in Japan. As a part of its engagement with Hisense, Wipro integrated its market-ready software stack with Hisense’s 4K TV product portfolio. It also helped the company accelerate the product development lifecycle of its recently launched product variants of 4K LCD TV.
The Wipro solution supports Hisense 4K TV product features—ISDB-T/S Broadcast and HD-PVR—enabling a premium viewing experience for customers.
Hisense is a multinational white goods, brown goods and electronics manufacturer.
Wipro’s middleware solution is fully compliant with the latest Japanese Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB specifications) (ISDB-T/S) and is integration-ready for Android TV, Linux, QNX and other operating systems. Wipro’s solution enables key smart TV features such as hybrid multi-tuner (terrestrial & satellite), antenna diversity, one and full segment services, BS/CS, BCAS verifier, support for fixed and mobile receivers, and advanced HD-PVR scenarios.
Wipro SVP and global head of product engineering services Anita Ganti said, “We are delighted to partner Hisense in the launch of their 4K TV products in Japan. The successful deployment is a testament to the best-in-class quality of our digital TV middleware solutions and reinforces our commitment to become a partner of choice for the global media industry.”
Wipro’s expertise in providing digital TV middleware solutions based on ATSC, DVB, ISDB and other interactive standards have been leveraged by partners worldwide. The middleware solutions have been powering digital TV, set-top box and automotive infotainment devices across the globe for over 15 years.