- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Vuclip launches iOS app
MUMBAI: Independent mobile video and media company Vuclip has launched its Vuclip App for iOS. iPhone users across the world can now access an incredible library of videos while enjoying the unmatched, un-buffered viewing experience Vuclip offers even with the typical infrastructure challenges characteristic of emerging markets.
At the core of Vuclip’s strategy to capture the hearts and eyes of viewers is content, including full-length movies and clips, in more than 15 languages across popular genres such as gossip, comedy, movie, news, television, lifestyle and sports.
Vuclip also announced its partnership with Omnisport, the international sports news agency owned by digital sports content group Perform, to bring international sports content to mobile viewers, including editorial videos related to the 2014 World Cup Soccer. Vuclip will have daily news updates and profiles of top players such as Ronaldo and Messi. With today’s iOS app launch, iPhone users now won’t be left behind. This content can be enjoyed across all Vuclip products, including the Android and Java apps as well as the mobile web offering.
Vuclip’s Android App is ranked four stars by more than 13,000 users and has seen more than 1.6 million downloads. With the same “elegant outside, smart inside” approach, Vuclip’s iOS app delivers a personalised experience for viewing mobile content and the following features:
- Nonstop Action on Vuclip Now: A live streaming channel that is available 24/7, and programmed with a combination of short and long form content.
- In-Player Video Discovery: Non-intrusive delivery of recommendations while viewing a video.
- Shake to be Surprised: Option to shake the handset and be presented with a highly relevant video that is in line with the user’s viewing history.
- Share with Social Popup: Ability to share videos anytime via social media channels.
Vuclip founder, CEO Nickhil Jakatdar said, “We’re excited to extend the enthusiasm that our users have for Vuclip to iOS, as the world moves towards smartphones even in emerging markets. Our excitement about mobile video is perhaps only paralleled by our enthusiasm for the World Cup, so we are thrilled to bring the two together!”
Perform head of news Miles Evans said, “The World Cup is soccer’s biggest and greatest competition and we are all set to deliver the latest updates direct from Brazil. Our camera crews, production teams and journalists will be on top of the action providing color from the biggest soccer tournament on earth. With tremendous reach and an amazing video viewing experience, Vuclip offers a fantastic channel to reach sports fans on mobile where we find they are glued to watching sports content.”
The app is free to download from the iOS App Store.